FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:31 am
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by greglvnv
So here is my full account of what happened at my GE interview at LAS airport today.

I came in about 15 minutes early thinking there would be a wait time. A CBP officer happened to just walk up to the window and she took me right in. The room was small with just two desks but the other officer did not walk in until we were done with the interview.
CBP: Can I see your passport and a drivers license?
Me: Would you like to see my Polish passport as well?
CBP: No, just the US one. We don't recognize dual nationality and you have to use your US passport to enter the US. Are you still currently employed and what do you do for work? Is your address on the drivers license correct?
Me: Yes, I am and yes it is.
CBP: On your application, you indicated that you had one misdemeanor. Do you have your disposition papers?
Me: Yes, this is my expungement letter and this is the order of sealing records.
CBP: I'm not interested in the expungement letter. You realize that for federal purposes, we don't recognize expungements?
Me: Yes, I do.
CBP: For this program, we do not allow any misdemeanors on your record but since it was over 10 years ago, you are still allowed to participate in the program, however you need to realize that any arrest from this point forward will disqualify you from participation.
Me: I understand.
(She made a copy of my order to seal records and gave back the original. Also, I later noticed online that she entered my passport issue date in the application itself. I did not enter it since it was not a mandatory field.)
CBP: Please look at the camera. I'm going to take your picture. Also, please place your fingers on the scanner blah blah.
Your card with arrive in 7 to 10 business days, however you can start using the program as of tomorrow. She went on to explain how to enter the US using the program.

Then I asked her a couple of questions:
1) Should I use my PASSID now or TT from TSA for Pre? She said I can use my TT until it expires and then I can switch to the KTN but there is nothing stopping me from using my PASSID right away and I should not waste my money to renew the TT even though two programs are totally separate.
2) Can I drive into the US from Canada using the Nexus lane? (I knew the answer to this question but wanted to ask anyway. I don't think she gave me the correct info on this one) She said that Nexus is a Canadian program and I need to apply directly with them but if I want to use the Nexus lane into the US for now, I would need to register my vehicle with a Nexus enrollment center. Again, I don't think this was correct info.

So, this was my experience today. Let me share the timeline as well:
7/11 - applied
7/24 - conditionally approved
7/24 - checked for appointments and nothing til 10/03 but I checked it multiple times a day and rescheduled about 5 times before getting the 8/01 interview.
8/01 - Approved

Hope this clarifies the process a bit.
I used LAS as well, as part of a mileage run. Finding the office was challenging, an airport employee eventually had to walk me around the pathway outside the building to point it out. There's a very small office with two desks pushed up against each other face-to-face; I was interviewed by a guy, while a gal at the other desk tried hard to avoid paying attention to what we were saying. I got the vibe that he wanted to get done as fast as possible to get back to his crossword puzzle, book, or whatever.