FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:44 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

53. The SEA-PDX route is served by just four airlines. Between them they operate seven different aircraft types on this route – however only one type offered between SEA and PDX is common to each of the four carriers. Please identify each of the four airlines that fly SEA-PDX and the single type of equipment common to each one on this route.
53. Wild guess time......

Northwest, Pan Am, United and Western all operating the Douglas DC-6B.

I was going to guess the Boeing 720; however, I thought there might be a distinction between the 720 and the 720B.

And we have a widespread emergency in progress here in the southern portion of the great state of Louisiana according to our Governor (who indeed issued a state of emergency earlier today). The culprit? Very heavy rainfall with significant flooding. I just checked my rain gauge and have recorded nearly nine and one-half inches of precip here at the house since the storm began in the wee hours of the morning. Our backyard borders on a flood control channel (known as a coulee here) and the water is over the top and now advancing into our backyard to the highest level we've ever seen. Thankfully, it's a big backyard and the floodwaters are still a good distance from the house. We're hoping it stays that way!