FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infidel, Traitor.
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:42 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by KenHamer
So here it is, 4 years to the day when I stepped off an Air Canada flight from Munich to Toronto to Vancouver, not realizing that would be the last time I ever saw an airplane from the inside. After 16 years of living on planes (and ships) I thought when that day came my life would seem like it had changed dramatically and life would seem extraordinarily weird for a long time.

But nothing. Nada. Not even a little bit.

I didn't/don't miss it. Nothing seemed/seems unusual.

It's like I stepped out of one life and into another, yet it felt/feels like nothing ever changed.

And after not having stepped into an airport for several years I thought when I had to return to YVR for my Nexus interview, that would seem weird. Except it too seemed like nothing had changed. The parking lot, the breezeway, the entrance, the check-in counters. Had I actually been on a trip I would not have missed a beat.

Actually, one thing has changed; now I look forward to each year's cutbacks and realize I dodged a bullet.

Life goes on....

Ken,
Once again, your post had me going back to take a peek at the start of the threat. Yup, traitor. Not sure about infidel, but I'll run with it.

I read the first 5 pages. Always amused when your SkyMiles or Aeroplan "number" appears. LOL

But the comments just remind me that those of you who had the chance to fly extremely frequently and play the Air Canada game back in 2012 were lucky, and those on this board who have been here since 1999 or even 2005, are by far the luckiest as you were able to earn more, upgrade more (yes Aerolotto, but still) and enjoy far more than any of us who have only been FFs or Extreme FFs for the last couple of years.

As for Air Canada, they seem to be doing fine without all those who are flying other airlines and alliances.