FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN instead on ITIN on Transunion (USA)!?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:23 pm
durberville

Programs: Enough
SIN instead on ITIN on Transunion (USA)!?

I'm a Canadian citizen. I have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN). I also have a US ITIN number. I have been applying for US cards for over a year now, and have a healthy stack of cards (Amex, BoA, TD, Chase... *Ritz* <3).

Every time I apply for a Chase card, even though I have three of them now, they ask for a fax of my ITIN letter. So I checked my Transunion (where they were pulling), and it looks like that in the SSN identification spot, they have my Canadian SIN, and not my ITIN. How the hell they got it, I don't know. Fortunately, per an SSN calculator, my Canadian SIN doesn't algorithmically meet any issued or currently possible SSN.

I've faxed, mailed, and called Transunion (including speaking to a supervisor) asking to replace the Canadian SIN with my US ITIN #. Every single person I've spoken to says it's not possible, and insists my Canadian SIN is an SSN

I know a number of people who have an ITIN as their identification number attached to their Transunion bureau.

So, my question is, anybody with a similar experience? Any ideas? Is it worth my time to pursue, or should I just leave it as is? Do I apply to Chase cards under my Canadian SIN?