FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F Seat Poaching
Thread: F Seat Poaching
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:53 pm
AAExPlat

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PTravel
No, it's planned extortion if they're going to pull the, "okay, if you won't switch then YOU take care of my kid," stunt. Why would they board without adjacent seats? Why wouldn't the take it up with the gate agent and, if necessary, take a later flight or, if worse comes to worse, a different airline?
THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I REPEAT. NEVER HAPPENED. That was a JOKE I cracked in the OP. We boarded the airplane because UA REFUSED to help.

That's exactly what you should do.
And we did, but UA refused to help.

And they might, in which case the displaced passenger's argument is with the airline and not with you.
That is NEVER what happens in a situation like that. Every time I have been displaced, I have been unable to get my original seat back. And that is prett much SOP.

In other words, lie and steal someone's seat?
That is indeed not cool.

It's not the requests to which I object. It's the "move or you have to take care of my toddler" stunt that I find unacceptable. You can certainly ask. Just be prepared to be refused.
EXCEPT that never happened.

Originally Posted by chavala
I'm talking about butt-in-my-seat, making yourself comfy, and EXPECTING me to take your seat. I don't care how many toddlers you are towing.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
You should have booked seats in advance. You should realize that I did, and paid more to do so. Common courtesy is taking what you are given and not imposing upon others.
We did. And as a 1k (as is my wife) we did "pay for the seat" the same way someone else did. And the "take what you are given" line is all good until you tavel with someone who can't take care of themselves and need you to do that for them...when that split happens, it simply no longer works. Never mind it wasn't my idea to split up a 5 year old from their parent. That was UA's stroke of genius. And you think it is fun to be told to deal with it and have to ask people for seat swaps? You don't think that adds stress to traveling?

Last edited by goalie; Aug 11, 2016 at 6:45 pm Reason: discuss the issue not the member