FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage - check-in or not for Direct Flights
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:13 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I hate to say it, but I'd be on that LAX-DUB nonstop in coach if I had to. Aer Lingus or Ethiopian. Realistically, I'd try to use miles (or dollars) to fly in business on something of that length, but I'd do the nonstop in coach over a two stop in F/J. When all is said and done, it's a 6-8 hour difference, and it's worth noting I sleep horribly on planes anyway. I thought for a second maybe if it was just my wife and I (we have a 4 year old), but we always took the fastest option even before we had our child. Now, if it were 1 stop and a great F product (like AF), I'd consider it, but I won't add time or stops for J.
Different strokes for different folks.

When we go on vacation, the vacation begins when we leave the house, not when we arrive at the destination, or more specifically 24 hour after we arrive and have had time to recover from the flight and lack of sleep. We both have no problem sleeping in the air on lie flat seats, especially with the help of a little Ambien. Add in the Air France First Class experience in the air and on the ground at CDG, including Alain Ducasse restaurant in the FCL, and this one is a no brainer for me. But it's not for everyone.