FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Radisson BLU Royal Hotel, Dublin, Rep. of Ireland
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:03 pm
terpfan101

Stayed here for three nights last week with my wife to end our UK/Ireland 11 day trip. Overall this was a great hotel. I booked the room using points for two nights and my free annual night e-cert from US Bank received as a makeup for the change in 2for1 benefit. I was surprised at checkin that my gold status got us an upgrade to a business class room which meant we'd get complimentary breakfast. It's funny because when booking my hotels for the trip I had wanted to get rid of all of my CC points ~200k+ and was torn on whether to use them primarily here or in Edinburgh (ended up with one night at the G&V).

The room was large with a large bathroom. It was clean and had a comfortable bed. The location was a short 10 minute walk to most tourist attractions. Breakfast was pretty good with a large selection of items. You could order omelettes from the cook but we never did that. Front desk staff were helpful. Overall a great place to spend my points and made me reconsider whether I should try to build up any more loyalty to CC, unfortunately I don't think they have any strong properties in the US. Highly recommend this hotel though.