FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA business class vs SAA business class - which would you pick?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:06 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
oh wow ba or sa j geez should you take the megabus or greyhound lolz

both inconsistent with service but sa has better food. but really it aint that good. pre packaged cheese plate like w tf. but you can get real gem fas on sa that are on point. both seats are 10 years behind the times but you'll be comfortable either way. but also ba has non stops to cpt and honestly you'll thank yourself for skipping a 2hr cnx + 2hr flight at the last leg after travelling ~30 hours.

as the mayor of the t2 star lounges, i decree:
-lh has best breakfast and the only star lounge to have self pour drinks all day. plus you're going by it anyways while navigating that crappy airport.
-ua has best showers including shirt press and best cocktails. it's also bright and spacious and i spend most of my time here when doing my rounds.
-sq has singapore slings, best seating for loners, very good food and is lovely when not crowded. when it's crowded it's lovely but just not as lovely.
-ac is good for sleeping on those lounge chairs they have in the private "viewing rooms" at the back. oh and cookies in the evening. but that's it.

ba lounges in t5 were pretty mediocre, even ac in t2 is better.
sa domestic lounges are pretty decent but the jnb intl lounge is just....awful:. no booze til 12.

sa domestic j is far better than ba domestic j. hands down. it's a 2-3 config on narrow bodies but the food and beverage are worth it. also if on sa no booze on domestic flights til 12 and limited meal hours so book accordingly: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...s-cpt-jnb.html

Last edited by cur; Aug 10, 2016 at 1:12 pm