FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Middle Name as First?
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:08 am
paterwdb

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Using Middle Name as First?

I'm curious to know if anyone else travels booking their tickets using their middle name?

Since I was a child, I always used my middle name. So my SM account is MIDDLE LAST. Changing a name on Delta is a huge pain and so I have, to this day, never changed it to FIRST MIDDLE LAST or FIRST M LAST. My credit cards are all issued to F. MIDDLE LAST.

I have Global Entry and PreCheck, and have flown all over western and eastern Europe and domestically with passport and driver's license and global entry all with FIRST MIDDLE LAST and tickets have always been issued in MIDDLE LAST. I've never been questioned by Delta, partner airlines, or TSA. I'm almost to 1M with no problems on Delta.

Is this a common thing and no one cares? Have I just not been questioned? Do I need to put the work in to fixing it now so I don't end up stranded at some point? I do have a few flights to the middle east coming up in the beginning of the year, so I am wondering if I should go through Delta and fix it.

Given that Delta is always a nightmare with their combinations of names, initials and prefixes, I'd love to just leave it.