FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Marriott the worst points program or is it me?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:37 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hanly2
Last year I transferred 35k chase points to MR so that we could spend a night at Atlantis, but that trip didn't happen. Now I have been trying to use the Marriott points before they expire but they are worthless. I just looked up a Marriott in Pompano beach. It is $153 per night but it cost 35k points. How is that even possible that is less then 1/2 cent per point. Where as if they were chase points I could get 3 times that. Man this just really irks me, and I wanted to know if others feel the same.
It's a bit silly to say that the entire Marriott program is a horrible program because you're looking at a single property at a particular time . There are a variety of 35K properties that are lovely/high-end you could stay at instead. The fact that you have a problem w/ a single property does not make a program worthless worldwide.

Also the property that is $153 today may be significantly more at a different time.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 10, 2016 at 8:53 am Reason: fix a word to make sense...