FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you explain AirBnB to this long time VRBO user?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:18 pm
Bannister

Originally Posted by Romelle
I see in another forum that your 2017 trip is BOS-DUB in the summer. Sounds lovely.

Several years ago I was struggling with high hotel rates in Dublin, and ended up booking a college dorm room at Trinity College. It was wonderfully right in the middle of town. Ramshackle like most college dorms, but worked really well for me. Breakfast was in a huge dining hall right out of Harry Potter. Access to a kitchen was handy for other meals.

The Book of Kells is right on the campus. I lucked out and managed to attend a college theater production.

A search on "trinity college summer accommodation" will turn up a bunch of links. Hard to say what is available now, but might turn up something.
Thanks! I'll definitely search for that. I've been looking into hostels as well in Dublin but I'm not sure if it's too much of a party city for my family to feel comfortable in a hostel. Still researching that aspect.

Thanks also to everyone else for chiming in on this thread. I'll make an airbnb profile and see where things lead.