FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:01 am
stargold

Originally Posted by Two Million Miler
I paid the initial fee in December 2015 and received the confirmation that I was approved for the next step - which is to "show your passport at a participating port before you can continue to use your membership. At Heathrow join the other passports lane or Fast Track if you have a ticket."

Well I did both of those things on two occasions and no one knew what I was talking about or could refer me to where I needed to go. I even had the supervisor at the Admirals Club at T3 LHR personally walk me to the immigration office, and the officer had no clue about the program.
Really? When I showed the confirmation email to the immigration officer at LHR T3 upon my next entry into the UK, she knew exactly what to do and completed the enrolment as well as giving me the membership card.

If you just showed them the passport (without the email) and tried to explain, maybe you were unlucky to get officers who weren't yet familiar. The email would have been crystal clear in what you are trying to do.

You should try again when entering the UK next time. Saved me a good 1h at LHR T5 just last week.