FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - collect on different Frequent Flyer programmes on same booking (not same flights)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:18 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Carnarvon, it is you that seems confused.

Delta owns 49% of VS. Any combination of Delta and Virgin [DL code on DL metal; DL code on VS metal; VS code on DL metal; VS code on VS metal] will earn miles in either of their FFPs (Skymiles for Delta; Flying Club for VS).

To the OP:

Put your Flying Blue number in the booking and leave it there until all travel has been completed, and until all the flights that can earn in FB have posted successfully.

Only after all this has happened should you then commence a retro-claim via Flying Club for the sectors that could not be credited to Flying Blue.
I would advise instead that for all the VS operated flights to just ask the VS agent (at check-in or at the gate) to insert the Flying Club number. This is how I normally do this - the reason is because the VS and the DL system do not talk to each other. [this will most probably work only if your 1st flight is the DL operated one - because if your DL flight is the 2nd/last one in the system, the DL agent will most probably tell you that you cannot change your FFP after your first flight, etc BS. Until today I have no idea why as this is the DL practice ions ago and they have kept to it] In this case, than yes, you will have to follow the advise as above.

For me this has always worked without any problems and if you have status with VS, this would even add to the experience especially for op-up reasons.