FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - collect on different Frequent Flyer programmes on same booking (not same flights)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:53 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I don't follow you neither.

The OP says that the flights are VS operated and DL coded.

The VS FFP rules on gaining miles when partnership with DL say "Flying Club members can earn on all Delta operated and marketed services including the flights operated by Delta regional services; Delta, Delta Shuttle, Delta Connection. This excludes any codeshare flights unless booked with a VS flight number.

Codeshare services that are marketed by Virgin Atlantic and operated by Delta Airlines also earn mileage.

This excludes any codeshare flights unless booked with a VS flight number seem to apply to the situation : code share with DL but not VS flight number.

I think this is a question for the VS forum, since none of the posters who answered here appear to have experience of this situation (VS operated sold with DL number).
I think we are in a total confusion
- DL marketed & operated : earn miles on FB and VS program
- DL marketed, VS operated : no FB miles, earn miles on VS program (as per the rule you quoted and which I have bolded)
- VS marketed and operated : no FB miles, earn miles on VS program

To come back to OP's question, he/she has 3 flights DL-marketed among which 1 is DL-operated and 2 are VS-operated. And he/she wants to credit the DL-operated flight to FB and the 2 VS-operated flights on VS program. And the question is can I have 2 different FFP in a PNR. For me the answers to the questions are:
- yes you can credit the DL-operated flight to FB
- yes you can credit the 2 VS-operated flights to VS program
- yes you can have 2 FFP in a PNR, but this can be the most tricky point as usually you cannot do that on-line. You need the intervention of an agent, and the likeliest option is that only one program will be in the PNR and OP will have to retroclaim the other flight(s) on the 2nd program.