FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - collect on different Frequent Flyer programmes on same booking (not same flights)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:57 am
carnarvon

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ttellefsen
I booked Delta but 2 of 3 flights are operated by Virgin Atlantic, so I cannot get miles on Flying Blue as the 2 Virgin flights aren't operated by a SkyTeam airline, but still have a Delta flight number. Can I collect on my Delta flight as FlyingBlue, and claim the other two flights on Virgin's Flying Club? Anyone had any experience with this?
Regarding the DL operated flight (with DL number), yes you can collect FB miles. Present your FB card at check in to make double sure and things will be fine.

Regarding collecting miles on Virgin's flying club, you are not on the right forum. Most people here will not know (I don't) the rules for collecting Virgin miles on Virgin operated flights but with another airline number.

You should go and ask on Virgin forum (or read the rules for collecting Virgin miles).

P.S. I have just read the rules about partner airline DL and it says "Flying Club members can earn on all Delta operated and marketed services including the flights operated by Delta regional services; Delta, Delta Shuttle, Delta Connection. This excludes any codeshare flights unless booked with a VS flight number.". So I would say you will not be able to collect miles on VS FFP.

Last edited by carnarvon; Aug 8, 2016 at 11:04 am