FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:38 am
Lewis42

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by STS-134
That's a good thing. Costco/Citi refused to give me a Costco Anywhere card without the contactless chip; I ended up having to drill a hole through the card at the position of the wire loop to permanently kill the chip. My phone could easily scan the card's number remotely; so could anyone with a high gain antenna from several feet to many yards away.
This is very ill informed of you.

I work in the manufacturing of credit cards and have for years and years tested and produced contactless credit cards and they will most certainly NOT work several feet away, let alone several yards!

There is a miniscule, miniscule chance someone taps a fully fledged contactless checkout terminal against your wallet but they would have to get incredibly close. Plus, the liability is not yours, its for your credit card issuer...

Secondly, if you have two contactless credit cards in your wallet they will not be able to get a signal as both will be sending a message to the terminal and it won't be able to read it.

Stop believing the media fear mongering. These RFID blocking wallets for passports and credit cards is crazy. Have 2 contactless cards in a normal wallet - problem solved.