FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:31 pm
NYC1

So I've been to the Concorde Room at LHR a fair number of times, including the CCR section of the arrivals lounge. I have enjoyed the food at lunch and dinner, the drinks, I like the spa, the look of the lounge, the balcony, etc. However, what is wrong with the eggs? Last week I had the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon at the CCR arrivals room. The smoked salmon was OK (not high-quality, which is disappointing being at a first class lounge in London, but alright) but the color of the eggs was pale yellow (closer to white than yellow) with a touch of light gray and tasted disgusting. Then, a few days later, at the CCR I asked for a plain omelette. It came out like a rubber disc (and tasted gross to boot). It seems as if there is a problem with the raw materials (eggs) and the cooking (rubber). I remember this issue with the scrambled eggs from prior visits over the last few years (I didn't bother to post). For what it's worth, I love BA, including the crews on board, the JFK CCR, the F seat etc. I don't remember the last time that I've had eggs in London (outside of CCR) so I don't know whether the scrambled eggs at the CCR are consistent with what's served at restaurants/hotels in London/England--I can't imagine that being the case... Thoughts?