FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:51 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Living in the middle of the country, I don't get to experience p.s. very often...I've flown it a handful of times over the years, and the opportunity has come up again...

In paid business, SFO-EWR, I have the choice of a sCO 757 or an sUA 757. Departure times are :35 apart, and is irrelevant as I'm connecting on both ends with plenty of connection time allotted regardless of which flight I take.

I'm leaning toward the sCO flight, as I figure less seats roughly means better service. Is the number of seats about the only difference?

Seat maps are wide open on both (flight isn't for a few months yet), so I'm thinking bulkhead on whatever I book for the slightly better legroom.

The only slight, slight advantage may be the later flight (sCO) for me means :35 longer in SFO, as it means more time in the Amex lounge there versus the UC in EWR.