FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Idiots who Design Marriott Rooms
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:58 pm
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by apodo77
Is it? Or has the changes actually been overall well received? Is FT Marriott indicative of the overall Marriott consumer or is it a tiny minority of the most well seasoned consumer? I don't have the answers and we will never know for sure.

Stayed in a Marriott with no desk for the first time and didn't bothere me at all (Was on business and 45 years old for anyone curious).
I've stayed in at least five different marriotts in five different states in the past six months and they all had a desk, except for the suite we booked in D.C. which had a large kitchen table, instead of a desk, I guess. I'm actually at a Marriott right now, and it's in a resort town and people are obviously here for leisure, and it still has the (small) desk under the TV. So if they're intending to get rid of desks, I haven't seen it really come into effect personally.

I must say, though, the distinction of travelling for 'business' and for 'leisure' is getting to be a fuzzy one. more and more people work from their computers - not just people who are self employed or who are writers/bloggers by profession, but even people who get 'business' work done on 'leisure' trips. So even if it's not a hotel intended for business travelers, I think a lot of people would prefer it to have a desk. I know I would - I"m an academic, so I'm kind of always working, and I need a desk and internet access wherever I am.

Good to hear they've been getting complaints about it. Hopefully I never have to see these changes myself.