FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:25 pm
ewrfox

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Sold our pair old N5 16GB, storage capacity tend to run low & DW went with the N6 with 32GB, very happy with her "big" screen & no longer complained about her battery life.

Depending on where you picked up your N5X, you might want to consider exchanging it for the 32GB model, to future-proof storage capacity - part of the reason I decided to go for one with 32GB, now I got enough MP4's for round-trip TPAC travel use. Battery life is fine, unless I'm on heavy gaming usage on the go and using the camera a lot, seldom run low - and I always carry an USB slim battery pack on the go, and within easy reach of an USB charging source.

Otherwise, you might want to make use of cloud storage to move some of your files & docs to free up internal storage on a regular basis.

Tweak for App settings to maximize your battery life, especially on standby - Pure Nexus custom rom is what I am running on both devices, if you decide to root after unlocking the bootloader.
The main reason I went with the 16GB was because i want to try Fi on an upcoming trip. I have a 3 UK sim that i would prefer to use, but if it doesn't work, I need something as a backup.

So far I got signal spy app, but has been useless for me, since I have yet to set up Fi on the phone.