FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:12 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is my main CCR criticism these days I think, food quality I'm fairly satisfied with lately, but whilst they were never massive in the first place the starter and pudding courses seem to be getting almost comically small. I realise BA are trying to minimise waste given a lot of people will also eat on board, but it's a maximum three course comfort-style meal, not a seven course Michelin-stared tasting menu.

The starters in particular often seem to basically be an amuse bouche by another name (ironic given they no longer exist onboard).
I may be a dissenting voice here but I must say that I quite like the portion size. Starter, main, cheese, and dessert does it nicely for me, and if I ever feel peckish at the end, I have not had any issue ordering extra (which I have done with the freshly defunct brownie with salted caramel and baby choux twice!)

Paradoxically enough, I will eat less when I use the CCR as lounge before an F trip as I then typically want to eat onboard, and a full meal only if using it either through my CCR card or before connecting from an F trip (not least as I find the BA F onboard breakfast mediocre at best).

Incidentally, since much was said above on meat vs fish, I will admit that I often prefer fish before a flight. In fact, the QF F lounge focus is far more fish-centric (not least with often delicious raw fish starters) and I'd love BA to offer similar dishes!