FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador Renewal
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:59 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
By the way, few weeks ago I contacted the AMB desk re the voucher, I told them I would like to use it soon, so they agreed to arrange the voucher to be sent to me to my UK address.

I received the voucher (without the AMB package) by UPS within 3 weeks of contacting them. So for anyone who still waiting for the AMB package and would like to use the voucher soon, it may be worth to contact the AMB desk to get them to send the voucher to you first.

Well consider yourself lucky. I did exactly what you did in late June as I have a stay at the IC Bali starting today.

They mailed the certificate on 3 July supposedly, at least that's the day off the ominous entry in my AMB account activity.

Nothing until yesterday. The Ambassador center tried to negotiate with the hotel, but they insisted on the physical voucher. I got a whole bunch of points instead.

Luckily a friend didn't need his certificate and gave me his (I had done that for him before too). My second night charge for a Club room would have been 600$ as it is high season. Autsch