FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FINALLY Complimentary Y Meals Long Haul HNL
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:43 pm
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I am so grateful for your wisdom and utter brilliance. I feel small and meek in your virtual presence. Thank god for you.
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Look, you posted something kind of dumb. Don't get pissy because I called you out on it.
Let's use this as a teachable moment, shall we? There is an awful lot of snark on this board (which I'm sure I've been guilty of from time to time). Instead of saying something like "I take it you didn't look at a clock?" one could instead start with "I disagree with your assessment about how the duration of the flight relates to the typical person's need for a meal."

But I guess everybody needs to get a dig in...

Back OT, I guess it doesn't strike me as terribly different to have complementary meals vs meals you pay for, except that (1) they can't run out of meals for purchase -- that's just unacceptable on a flight that long where passengers may or may not have brought their own food, and (2) the HI BOB menus only seem to work if you eat beef, chicken, and cheese. Without reopening the whole debate about special meals, even Burger King offers more variety.