FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:56 pm
lonelycrowd

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Holiday Inn Sacramento - Capitol Plaza

What is your Priority Club status?

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a standard king with points. Upgraded to the concierge level, but not clear how the room itself was any nicer than a typical king.

Wording of welcome letter indicated that all plat/spire members get access to the "concierge floor" executive lounge, though it never seemed that crowded considering the size of the property.

How are the rooms?

A bit dated. I thought the yellow wallpaper was ugly. But I did see some information in the lobby about planned renovations.

How is the exec. lounge?

Intermediate breakfast Monday-Friday. Great evening reception, including decent complimentary California wine and hot items, Monday-Thursday. No breakfast or evening reception on weekends - just sodas in the fridge and pretzels from 9am Friday through 6am Monday. Nice view and not at all crowded, considering the size of the hotel and the number of platinum members they must get.

No breakfast benefit offered on weekends.

What was good and what was bad?

Service was generally good. Rooms are a bit dated, and the location is a bit of a hike (20-30 minute walk) from the state capitol grounds. Lots of construction in the area due to the new Sacramento Kings arena next door, though there should be a nice upscale pedestrian mall there when everything is done this winter. Parking is $12/day. Adjacent to I-5: easy on/off but a bit of road noise.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Paid 15k points/night in place of a $178+tax rate, so redemption was better than $.01/point. Rewards Club benefits extended on an award stay. Yes, I'll return.