FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:53 am
conde

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
If those are all the benefits, this is a very weak card. With all Chase relationships one would have thought they could have come with something really unique and inventive.

That said, I'll get it for the bonus; downgrade the preferred to freedom unlimited, and downgrade this one to preferred next year before annual fee hits.

It would be a stretch to use the $600 travel credit (the $300 from the Ritz is already a stretch as it is), but for 100K UR points I'll do it.
Based on benefit speculation, I agree that the Chase Reserve appears to have weak perks. It appears that the Chase Sapphire Reserve is meant to compete more with Citi Prestige rather than American Express Platinum. In order for the Chase Sapphire Reserve to move the needle for me, the card would need to include some hotel status (with Hyatt, Marriott, or other co-brand partner) and other perks. Although a 100K signup bonus will move the needle for me to get the card, there aren't enough perks that have been divulged for me to keep the card.