FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Broken seat in J
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:35 pm
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
I had the same issue on a month-old CX A350. Apart from being asked by ground staff if I was a "real passenger" (as opposed to being upgraded) I didn't really expect much for the inconvenience except the PDB Champagne.

Of course BA should do better, but it seems like 10k is actually the standard for spending the entire flight in a seated position, rather than just having to wait for the crew to fix something so in your position, I'd quit while I was ahead.
Thanks for your insight. However the seat is one of the key differentiators for CW. If it doesn't work, as mine didn't, then I don't think I'm ahead in any way in this instance with 10,000 Avios. I wanted to sleep, but I didn't want to have to just accept "fully flat" for the entire journey and keep running to cabin crew whenever I wanted to change the seat a little, especially when that broken seat cost thousands to hire for the 7 hours I was in it.