FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:37 am
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
October may be the most expensive month in NYC. We also like the Millennium Hilton, some rooms have spectacular views especially the corner kings and Jr. Suites and we have a good success rate with upgrades. They usually offer NOR-1's for a reasonable cost. Both the Millenium Hilton and Conrad have a limited choice of restaurants in the immediate area. The Chelsea Hilton would be a good choice, good location with restaurant options nearby and within walking distance to the ESB and even Times Square.
I found the opening of Brookfield Place with so many dining options to materially change that dynamic for the Conrad side its right across the street (Le District is awesome and if you happen to like grilled cheese I recommend Little Muenster in the food court area). When the weather is nice PJ Clarkes has great outdoor dining on the Hudson.

Agree about October (the first 10 days of December is also very bad ratewise), I have trips the first two weekends of October to Manhattan and the first weekend I was able to snag Conrad NY for $280 (which is great for October) and the second weekend for half of my trip am using one of my Hyatt DSUs with Cash & Points to stay over at the Hyatt Jersey City since the view is so awesome and being right next to the PATH makes getting into Manhattan really simple. That Monday night I have tickets for Carnegie Hall so am going to try out one night at HGI Central Park South (unless rates changes so that another becomes more attractive). It seems that HGI is a bit better than the HGI Times Square Central based on colleagues of mine who have stayed there.

Last edited by Miesque; Aug 4, 2016 at 7:42 am