FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:29 am
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dzongrila
I had formed a similar opinion about HGI after checking out the reviews online. Thanks for confirming my doubts. So Hilton Times Sq is the one on the west 42nd Street and close to Port Authority? How will you compare it against Doubletree? The Doubletree Times Sq and Hilton Times Sq. are both 80K a night, but Doubletree is a suite and category 10 while Hilton is category 9. One of my colleagues likes the Doubletree and has stayed there several times. Does Conrad too offer free breakfast for Diamond members?

In my opinion, unless you really needs the suite layout the Doubletree is definitely not worth those extra points. The Hilton Times Square is much more recently renovated compared to the Doubletree. In addition, the Doubletree is really in the middle of the Times Square action so much so you are wading through the maximum amount of tourists et al of any location in New York. The Hilton Times Square is on a side street midway between Seventh and Eighth Avenue with one entrance on 41st St and one on 42nd St and 41st St is definitely a lot less chaotic than being up actually in Times Square proper like the Doubletree.

The Conrad offers free breakfast for Gold/Diamond in their restaurant Atrio which consists of five items to choose from and come with coffee (french
press) and freshly squeezed OJ. If you click on the link below you will find the breakfast menu and on the right lower hand side underneath HHonor is what you can choose from. The Bruchetta scrambled eggs is actually pretty good and a lot to eat.

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...u_Jul_2015.pdf

I also have to add that the Conrad is all suites starting at 430 sq ft and have a great big rainfall shower. There are Nespresso makers in each room along with stemware/glassware and comfy obes/slippers. Oodles of places to eat nearby especially with the opening of Brookfield Place next door.