FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:01 pm
noah

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by c2cflyer

Screw You United. Of all the changes you've ever made, this one pisses me off the most. You suck for this and this is the first change you've made that impacts my desire to fly with you. Now I have no reason to shoot for platinum status whatsoever.
This. You've just eliminated my desire to do a MR for Plat. When I could justify with all the money I was saving in change fees, and as a result significantly improved ability to get the best possible award ticket, Platinum was worth it. Now it is worth much less to me. Zone 1 boarding and bringing my family in E+ -- great. Upgrades I rarely get? Sorry, my motivation is gone.

On top of that, to make this change in the middle of the year, I actually appreciate -- now I know that going for Platinum isn't worth it for me. Thanks United.