FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:39 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
The current domestic connection cap is 4 hours, so that's not changing.

Traditionally if the next connecting flight is the following day, the required overnight doesn't count as a stopover. So in your example, no, I would not expect it to price as two separate awards.
Actually, I remember now...It does count as a stopover. This year, to keep my status, I'm on an award going over, and purchased a ticket coming home. My family is on an award roundtrip...

For their roundtrip award it was very easy to add the overnight "stopover" at ORD, since one is permitted on a roundtrip. For mine, the great agent actually had to go "upstairs" for a legitimate "one time exception" to add the MBS-ORD flight to my itinerary the night before. They graciously did it for me. The computer wouldn't manually take it--even on a last in, first out flight scenario.

(I originally just grabbed the ORD-HNL segments when I saw them 11 months ahead, and only recently added the hop over to ORD to the tickets).