FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:30 am
Flyer78

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Just completed a three-day reward stay here (late July) and as a Diamond was treated quite well at this large and wonderful property.

I was early for check-in, but the desk insisted I met the front-office manager on duty, and gave me her card so I knew how to contact her with any issues -- that was a first.

I was not upgraded, as the room type I selected was already a premium room.

Breakfast was a comped (as Diamond) full hot buffet, with eggs and omelettes on order.

I was given two drink vouchers for the Cru wine bar on premise, however the bartenders thought I deserved more (I guess this is the NZ equivalent of buying a round) so those two became 6. Also, Cru was accepting them past the stated usage time (6-7 PM) and was allowing usage for more than "house" level wine.

Bonus: The free car park is at the nearby Doubletree, and the front-desk offered me a cookie when walking through (elevators drop you in their lobby.)

Easy drive from the airport, and made use of the water taxi each way for access to town. They give you a detailed schedule on their shuttle options, as well as a public bus alternative.