FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:54 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by cas_de
Dear LH Lurkers:

The Star Alliance Upgrade has been in place for a long time, allowing customers to upgrade from Y to C and from C to F. With the introduction of Premium Economy is there anything in the pipeline such as upgrade options Y to PE and/or PE to C? It is possible with LH and NH (although the PE booking classes Y and E are treated like regular Economy booking classes requiring 2 eVouchers and full mileage to upgrade) other airlines like SQ are introducing PE?

Is there any option to upgrade SQ PE -> SQ C?
Will the Star Alliance Upgrade be enhanced in a way to support Y -> PE and PE -> C upgrades in the future?
Will the existing option to upgrade from NHs PE (Y, E) -> C be adjusted according to the LH rules (1 eVoucher req'd, fewer miles req'd to upgrade PE -> C vs. Y -> C)?

The SEN Hotline basically told me that I am out of luck trying to upgrade SQ PE.

Thanks,
cas_de

Hello cas_de,
at the moment there is no option to upgrade to Premium Economy Class on SQ flights and I have no information, if any changes are planned. I will ask my colleagues at Miles & More if they have further information about the upgrades on SQ and NH. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.
Jens