FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:47 am
zpaul

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by joeypore
Looking at staying here for 1 or 2 nights, but definitely concerned about the immediate area not having as much to do as the W.

We're only in Santiago for 2 nights, so we're definitely going to do some sightseeing, probably via Uber / cab, but it would definitely be nice to be able to walk around.

When people say there's not much around via walking distance, does that mean within 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 15? I know a lot of people define "walking distance" differently.

Thanks
For what you've described above, I would recommend the W over the Sheraton. As a "local" for the last eight years, I've stayed in both - I go to the Sheraton for a weekend at the pool and quiet, relaxing times, and I stay at the W for fun (usually after events). I'm not a fan of the whole bathroom-in-the-bedroom thing that the W has going on, but it's a MUCH better location if you want to go out by foot.

Also, quite a few companies have moved out of the Sheraton's zone in Providencia and up to the area of Las Condes around Manquehue (Sanhattan), so it's much quieter at night around the Sheraton. Lots of business travelers are staying at the W/Ritz area and up, rather than in Providencia and closer to Santiago Centro as compared to before. I much prefer the restaurant options that are around the W than around the Sheraton, with the exception of Aquí Está Coco, as has been mentioned previously.