FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:45 pm
sooperscoop

Programs: CO silver
Originally Posted by kyleburbank
As for actually arriving in PVG, for our 24 transit we waited in the regular line. However, when we arrived from HKG, there were people waiting over to the side by the 144 line but no one was at the desk. I went to ask the person manning the main line about it and she took all of our documentation and our passports and told us to wait over to the side and said it would be about 20 minutes.
I must admit I have TWOVed 4 times in PVG now, in both terminals, and never seen the 144 hour line open. I just used the regular line. The first three times were very quick, with the supervisor being called over within a couple of minutes. Once they gave me a little form to fill in the hotel details, even though they were on my arrival card, don't know why.

The last time they made me stand to one side while they rushed around with bits of paper for 15 minutes, but it was no problem. Maybe because the person in front had an invalid visa ("The M stands for multiple, right?" I wonder how many people make that mistake?! )

I always have all flight details and hotel reservations printed out with names, dates and eticket/reservation numbers highlighted, but I'm OCD like that.