FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon in Maldives? Or is it stupid idea?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:03 am
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
Hi guys,

We are in the process of planning our wedding / honeymoon (yay ) - where she's largely in charge of the whole wedding planning thing - and I am in charge of the honeymoon planning.

I have a bunch of Hyatt points I can burn - and my to-be wife really wants to stay at a hotel that has over the water bungalow - and she's been quite set on Maldives for a while... so we are thinking about four nights in Maldives as a part of our honeymoon.

BUT

From my read, Maldives seems to be one of the most anti-lgbt areas in the world - and I was wondering if we can pull this off - or we are being incredibly stupid by going there.

Thoughts?
Maldives main religion is Islamic so that should tell you. How long is the Honeymoon for you are talking about 4 night stay, that is a long distance just for 4 days. I saw that some resort in Jamaica has over water bungalows. Also the cost of the over the water bungalows in Maldives are expensive point wise.

Congrats on being the marrage, we been married 3 yrs