FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:56 pm
Jaenks

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

But let me ask it this way: when arriving in FRA and connecting to somewhere else, you never get dropped off at the FCT, only at the terminal building. So if you get picked up by limo from your apron posiiton of the incoming flight and dropped at transfer A, your connecting flight leaves from A28, will you walk all the way over to the FCT when you could easily go to the FCL in A, from where it would only be a short walk to A28 or in case this is a bus gate, you'd get a limo transfer? You may, I wouldn't, that's all I was saying. The bit of walking form the lounge to the gate does not justify the even longer walk and the security control - as relatively unobtrusive it may be - at the FCT.

Also: even though the FCT is a greater place to wait for a plane than the general departures hall of the airport or even the SEN lounges when connecting between two flights, would you take an earlier feeder flight to FRA only to spend more time in the FCT? All I was saying that I wouldn't. The FCT and the FCL are the least unpleasant way of something that I would like to minimize as much as possible, which is time spent at the airport waiting for a plane. For the time that I cannot avoid it, rather spend it in the FCL/FCT (either of which, depending on situation).

Or put differently: I can understand and share the feeling of relief when one can use the FCL/FCT relative to other places to wait for a plane. I can understand but personally do not share the hype of the FCT as a stand-alone experience which merits longer-than-necessary walks or longer-than-necessary time spent at the airport-
As I wrote it is always personal. I quite often buy a Duty Free items and pre-order them to collect. From FCT it is always faster to collect them that from store in any terminal and you get the bags straight to the car and from there to plane. Nobody walks more than necessary or spend time in lounge than necessary,everybody choosing their own preferences. FCT is one of the best lounges in the world, so the hype is understandable. Btw. I like to walk,on daily basis