FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:19 pm
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Oh, lack of humor; must be German.
(You may want to lighten up a bit and look into how the "" is used. @:-))
Don't worry, I didn't feel offended at all, as your "joke" missed the target since I am not a "French who doesn't give credit to Germans". I just found the post a cloddish attempt at poking fun at national characteristics (nothing wrong with that), when you didn't know what nationality was involved.

It's a bit as if I tried to poke fun of you as a Ukrainian because I see you have "UA" in your username. Smiley or not, it would just be silly.

If from my handle you had made a remark like "From his handle I guess he prefers railway company lounges to the FCT" that might have been a (lame) joke, but at least "the mechanics" would have worked (difficult to explain wit to someone whose level of humour centres around national stereotypes). And again I would not have feel offended, especially with the smiley that you added.

BTW, German wrong as well. Keep on guessing if you like

Originally Posted by Jaenks
A car transfer from/to airplane is the biggest advantage of FCT. Security screening there beats by time any other line in terminal and the passport control is in FCT if needed. About spending the time there, I am sure every person has his/her own reasons. My last time there was 1:30, next could be around 5:30 if I will not rent a Porsche for 3 hrs.
Hopefully there will be Olympic 2016 duck.Already starting to think that the LH duck is a status symbol
Fully agree. Limo transfer is great when it means avoiding taking the bus.

But let me ask it this way: when arriving in FRA and connecting to somewhere else, you never get dropped off at the FCT, only at the terminal building. So if you get picked up by limo from your apron posiiton of the incoming flight and dropped at transfer A, your connecting flight leaves from A28, will you walk all the way over to the FCT when you could easily go to the FCL in A, from where it would only be a short walk to A28 or in case this is a bus gate, you'd get a limo transfer? You may, I wouldn't, that's all I was saying. The bit of walking form the lounge to the gate does not justify the even longer walk and the security control - as relatively unobtrusive it may be - at the FCT.

Also: even though the FCT is a greater place to wait for a plane than the general departures hall of the airport or even the SEN lounges when connecting between two flights, would you take an earlier feeder flight to FRA only to spend more time in the FCT? All I was saying that I wouldn't. The FCT and the FCL are the least unpleasant way of something that I would like to minimize as much as possible, which is time spent at the airport waiting for a plane. For the time that I cannot avoid it, rather spend it in the FCL/FCT (either of which, depending on situation).

Or put differently: I can understand and share the feeling of relief when one can use the FCL/FCT relative to other places to wait for a plane. I can understand but personally do not share the hype of the FCT as a stand-alone experience which merits longer-than-necessary walks or longer-than-necessary time spent at the airport-

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jul 31, 2016 at 12:31 pm