FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:17 am
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by orvando
was in PHL all day ...
but days like these just make me mad at AA on behalf of the general public. i saw total abuse by neglect today, and this seems to be triggered TOO OFTEN, on any day it rains hard enough in enough places. i'm not writing to seek solutions - just to ask, has anyone had an airport day like this that made you not want to fly for a long time? and how did you recover? tonight, i feel genuinely sad that i've spent so much time and treasure supporting this company and its predecessors.
- This sounds like one of the days at PHL when USAir was still flying separately. I still remember one of such 6 hr delay when I was flying Y on USAir with no AAngels to help. You description of PHL is quite accurate except all shops were closed by 11 pm and my flight did not depart till 3 am. That delay alone cause me to actively avoid any USAir flights for two years ... till they merge with AA and I had no choice. I still trying to avoid flying through USAir hubs though.