FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Suspicious behaviour" at security control? Really?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:23 am
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by Mats
European airports are often picky about cables.
They want anything remotely electronic separated and spread out.

No iPads left inside bags. No chargers or AC adapters left inside bags.

I had this happen even in Portland, Oregon. I left an ordinary laptop charger inside the bag, the cord wrapped around it, and it got their attention.

I've also been asked to put a mobile phone into its own bin.

I don't think it was "suspicious behaivor" and I wish that the Fraport agent wasn't shaming about it. The more polite response would have been like the friendly woman in Portland, "These sometimes look strange on the x-ray, and it's hard to figure them out; that's all."
The stupid thing is that at FRA they specifically ask for laptops, ipads and cameras to be taken out of the bag, but if you start taking other stuff out they tell you it's OK (e.g. my big headphones) and they can stay in your bag. I also have a small zip up bag that contains all my accessory cables and plugs which usually gets flagged but I get told to put it back in the bag. I'll happily take anything out of my bag for the scanner but when they tell you to leave it in and then tell you it's suspicious when you do I get annoyed.