FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:53 am
CoweyB

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu Plaza, Ljubljana, Slovenia

What is your Club Carlson status?
Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu Plaza, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard, received triple upgrade to a 60sq m One Bedroom Suite

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not required
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, a bottle of fizz with "gold" in it, a fruit plate, a piece of cheesecake and a bottle of water.

How are the rooms?
on the fourteenth floor and very quiet as there are only three rooms here

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
The size of the suite: two toilets, two TVs, separate living room, great views
Very attentive staff on reception
Comfy bed on a quiet floor
Bad:
The public areas of the hotel are very dated (90s style) - this is not one of the Radisson Blus you say "wow" when you go inside.
Breakfast was chaotic if you went at a busy time, no one to take your room number or show you a table.
The bar snack/in-room menu was very limited and not inspiring
The hotel is not central but it is easy to get into town - see tips below

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?

I stayed 4 nights at a cash and points rate (€56 + 10,000) and with the room upgrade it was good value. On the assumption I would get a similar upgrade I would return.

Tips

A taxi from the airport costs €33 but I got one of the €9 shuttles which was absolutely fine.

The hotel sells the Urbana card which you need to travel on the buses and can put as many trips as you want €1.20 each on the card for you. The 27 bus goes every 15 minutes opposite the Kolossej cinema and a journey to the city centre takes 17 minutes.

Either side of the main entrance to the Kolossej cinema is a McDonalds and an Italian restaurant called Puccini and there are other restaurants in the retail park in which the hotel is situated.