FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best 6-Bedroom Villas in Phuket
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:38 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
@OP - a quick comparison:

WALKTHROUGH: Review of Amanpuri, Phuket, Thailand - Pavilion + Villas - YouTube

Now I'm wishing I made these videos more detailed, longer, with commentary etc...
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Surely I'm not the only one who prefers the old villas to the new ones? I don't think the infinity pools at the new villas is quite as well presented as it could have been - the whole pool area almost seems to be an afterthought; whereas at the old villas it's the central focus point.
Not the only one !

But if one is staying the wetter months , the new villas may work better as only in one " block " . Or if one is somewhat handicapped and / or rather senior .

The old villas have more charm , character , aesthetically pleasant Thai & sense of place . While for the new villas , one has almost to be inside to know one is at Puri or on a Thai island .
Stepping out of one ' s car or buggy , you can gather though that your villa is special just by looking at the " entry " area .
Been in about all & stayed in too . Some have ' better ' pools than others - shape , size , views , access , etcetera .
Villas definitely way better than Trisara ' s . Trisara beach is rather corally , pebbly too . Speaking from experience when I forgot to wear my swimming , scavenging ' booties ' .

Longer & perhaps separate videos of more villas will be helpful . Next visit

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jul 30, 2016 at 11:58 pm