FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do while renting?
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:51 pm
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
1. Never inspected car as a 5*
I have. As a Presidents Club member even.

2. Never filled out any forms as a 5*
If they give you a car with dents on it, mark the heck out of that pre-existing damage form. If the clerk at the exit gate refuses to give you the form, demand it. I had to do this once at PHL when Hertz assigned me the most beaten up rattletrap imaginable. No way would I drive that scheiss car off the lot without a lot of documentation as to just how banged up the thing was at time of rental.

Hertz 5*/PC status provides absolutely nothing in the way of real benefits. Why would you think that being 5*/PC would protect you from shady attempts by Hertz to recover from you for damage?

3. It's only free if you are married/civilP. I think it would be dealing with it at the counter, but not 100% sure
AAA membership waives the additional driver fee for anyone as long as they are also an AAA member and you have the AAA CDP reflected in your reservation. I've added my mom as a free additional driver on a rewards points rental so apparently the AAA CDP can still be added on a free rental.