FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector (open Feb 2016)
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:36 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by IHG
That might explain one reason for not having TSA Pre at that checkpoint since Qantas and a few other non-US airlines do not participate in that program.
Very minor quibble: to my knowledge, almost no non-US airlines participate in Pre-Check. I think Aeromexico, Air Canada, and Etihad are the only ones. I think the full list (as of May) is:
Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Seaborne Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America and WestJet.
Originally Posted by bzcat
But 39 minute connection is crazy. The average taxi time at LAX is something like 30 minutes. And it is a pretty long walk from 122 (on the north side of TBIT) to T4. Your SEA-LAX flight will get to the gate right around the time AA shut the door on your LAX-JFK flight.
A 39-minute connection is risky, but to clarify, that's 39 minutes from scheduled door opening at arrival gate (not touchdown time) to departure time at departure gate. Time to taxi from touchdown to the gate is included in the scheduled arrival time. However, passengers are required to be at the departure gate 15 minutes before scheduled departure time (per AA's CoC) or they can be denied boarding. So, 39 minutes is really 24 minutes in which to get off the plane once the door is opened and get to the departure gate, and that's if the arriving flight gets to the gate on time (a big if, especially at LAX).

Originally Posted by bzcat
But since you mention this is the last JFK redeye flight for the day (AA30?), I'd venture a guess and say that AA will hold the departure until your show up. You have a paid F reservation and would have been checked in your seats already at SEA.

A quick scan of flightware shows AA30 has pushed back within 15 minutes of schedule time twice in the last 2 weeks so delays on this last departure to JFK is quite normal. They probably will wait for you. Good luck...
While it is far more likely for the last flight out to be held, I wouldn't count on AA holding any flight, given AA management's recent obsession with on-time departures.