FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:06 am
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
My ticket was bought on DL. Yes it was from YVR into the US so it was international but should that really make any difference? Two of the four segments were intra US. My gripe with AS is that I bought a premium fare (it certainly wasn't cheap) on one of their partners but I didn't get any MP miles value from it.
Originally Posted by LBJ
YVR to US is Comfort+ and the AS agent was just plain confused. This has nothing to do with DL "refusing" to award miles. AS miles are awarded by AS, not DL, and the chart on alaskaair.com clearly indicates this is a mileage earning flight. You need to escalate with Alaska.
Wholly within North America would have been a Non W base fare. I did some YVR to SEA dummy bookings 2 months advance and and they booked into X base fare. Its only what I consider true international which involves crossing an ocean or one of the poles that could book into W base fare. DL can change the meaning of some of the characters of the fare code to trick their display but the first letter is what matters for mileage earning.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If the people in AS MP management got the programmers working on it this could be fixed quickly. Delta's notice on expansion of W/Comfort+ to international fares dates from April.
I haven't really been watching the DL forums since I had been focusing on AA for Intl. So looks like this isnt actually implimented yet or is it test routes> i checked BOS-LHR and could only find C+ or Y+ for sale on itin's with overwater flight on a partner. Although sadly i was trying to see if i could find a W fare on BOS-LAX and noticed they even have Basic economy E fares on transcons.

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 30, 2016 at 8:14 am