FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infant paper tickets - check in time
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:08 am
zeebanker

Besides all the good advice here, I'd suggest you plan on getting to the airport 2 hours prior. We traveled 2x across the pond with an infant in arms over the last year and I can tell you, go early. The first time I received the paper ticket about a month before travel and kept it securely in the drawer of my home office because I knew it was important and was needed. Naturally in the rush to get to the airport, I left it securely in the desk at home. Luckily we had enough time for the agent to call whoever she needed to call and get a new one printed. Took about 20 minutes, but boy, were we glad we went early. So keeping the old Murphy's law in mind, "If s#*t can happen, it will", go early and be glad you did because it will happen when traveling with infants.

Then there's the ritual of changing diapers 5 minutes before boarding starts, feeding the baby as boarding starts, not finding the diaper bag and remembering that it was left in the changing room because I had poo on my hand (and on my mind) after changing the diaper, remembering that we forgot to pack the baby's spoon.....all the fun that goes with traveling with infants.

The year 2032 can't come soon enough.....

Anyhoo, good luck with your travels.

Last edited by zeebanker; Jul 29, 2016 at 11:16 am