FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issue with phantom DC+ and F upgrades
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:02 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I used to get the upgrade emails at the window after selecting C+ at booking (as a PM), but they seem to have stopped. However, with my trip tomorrow things are even weirder.

Turns out I'm going to be on the same flight as a coworker, who also happens to be a good friend. Both tickets booked through DL.com, separate PNRs, no other companions, one-way nonstop tickets. He's on a T fare and I booked directly into W - mostly because it was only $10 and that was worth the gamble just to see if there was higher UG priority.

Friend is FO with a DL Plat Card. I am PM with a Reserve card. My PNR still shows UG to FC Requested (as it has since booking), but friend received the email at his FO window last night and has a confirmed seat in F. Call to DL results in "your UG is requested but there are no medallion UG seats available right now" line.

It's a 90 minute flight and I don't have the time to fight it all that much, but....wow, something behind the scenes is seriously messed up. Check-in is this afternoon so I'll be curious to see where I actually end up on the UG list.