FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issue with phantom DC+ and F upgrades
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:53 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bowgie
It can take a while for Delta to recognize and fix computer problems.
Specific to your problem:

1. You're a Plat. I thought Plats got instant upgrades to DC+ immediately after booking. I just booked about a dozen segments for my Plat wife. Every one of them allowed me to check "Request Upgrade to DC+ (and to First Class with another check-box). Immediately afterwards, which is just after booking, I can change her seats to DC+

2. For those First Class non-upgrades, have you noticed if the First Class cabin's seats are getting filled? This is hardly definitive, but might give an indication of whether you're actually getting skipped, or ---

3. Perhaps the upgrades didn't actually clear and Delta is sending out a bunch of "false positive" e-mails saying it did. If this is the case, I'd be a whole lot less upset than actually being bypassed in the upgrade queue.
Only get the upgrade if there's WU available at time of booking. Otherwise they have to wait for WU space to open up to be upgraded.