FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying with colleagues - what would you do?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:09 am
silonic

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flying with colleagues - what would you do?

Most of my travel, outside of holidays with my family, are usually alone. I occasionally fly intra Europe with a colleague but that's very seldom. However I've got a trip coming up when I'll be flying with a number of my work colleagues/team from LHR to one of our US offices. All of us in J, I'm the only one with status beyond silver.

Due to me being ex-eu and everyone else being based in UK, I'll be arriving at LHR about 2-2.5 hours before they will. Now I was going to say at this point that I'm not a major fan of GC. But the truth is I've just got accustomed to GF, find it a little less crowded and noisy and let's be honest - free pouring champagne and a Gin bar....what's not to like?!?

But as my colleagues can only access GC, I'm now in a bit of pickle of what to do. Protocol vs preference. So do I:

a) "slum it" in GC, so to be seen as a 'team-player', whilst internally hating myself for leaving behind the ice cream freezer on the terrace of GF
b) head straight to GF and hide out - taking comfort in the knowledge that I'll have plenty of time to bond with my colleagues whilst on the trip
c) send a text to them all when I arrive offering access to the GF lounge for the first one who gets to Heathrow but potentially coming off as a "bit of a knob".

What would you do?