FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three nights in the UAE- July 2016 - BA F 789 QR Y 777/A380 and some HH stays too
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:58 am
tynmar

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
LHR-AUH

my trip started with a smooth ride to the HGI (my first stay here) believe it used to be a jurys inn and re-branded a couple of years ago

Its located a very short walk from hatton cross and also very close to the end of the runway

Check in was quick and the lady at the front desk was kind enough to change my breakfast diamond benefit over to 750 points. I planned on dining at the CCR early the following morning.

second room after the first room had an issue with the lock and a slam was needed. am sure I'm not the only one who cant stand doors slamming when trying to ZZZ ^

view from room number two

Tube using contactless was easy peasy and I headed straight to BA's first check in. have seen lots of comments on the BAEC page about queues being silly. they looked busy but not crazy.

slightly blurred as didnt want set up the tripod to get the perfect shot

Check in was very quick with zero wait time. Fast track didn't look like it was moving at all so moved over to the regular lines and it was just a few minutes. Usual security pain with food and water, coins in pockets etc.

used the shortcut to the CCR and was at the bar in no time at all with champagne ordered just after 07:30 (too early for JW)

CCR dining was my next stop as was rather hungry

salmon, eggs and toast was out in no time

Cornflakes to follow

Time on the terrace catching up with all Airlines and Hotel news ^

A spa treatment was booked a few weeks out via youfirst, they were also kind enough to send me a menu for the flight in PDF format

the plane was parked in the B gates so headed over. lots of people already waiting and no mass of people loitering around fast track. First and Club were called at the same time and was shown to my seat. walking through the club cabin which is split as there is a galley in the middle, it looked very comfortable.

and now for probably too many photos on a flight. very excited at this point

the massive permanent screen does mean that the footrest isnt really a buddy seat any more

playing with the digital blinds and getting familiar with the controls of the latest first offering

some LPGS and water while waiting. I was in no rush to go anywhere

it may look a little tight but at only 8 seats it felt very private

PJ's offered along with slipper, didnt use but why decline?

Android control along with seat and lighting controls. thought my lamp was busted but you need to click on a function and then turn the wheel to make changes @:-)

Batman vs Superman was loaded up to have a quick play with the system

watching movies at the gate

the first of three queue jumpers. of course they need to take off in a row so smaller aircraft have a smoother take off.

Etihad A380

then BA (the cheek)

and an emirates too.

sussed the controls and blinds at this point

wardrobe space

and a mini cupboard with mirror just next to the seat

Drink delivered in no time as they asked what I would like once in the air before take off. traditional BA warm nuts issued too ^

somewhere over Europe, could smell food at this point

skipped the usual starters and went for a Cesar salad.
Forgive me but I can never capture BA first food like other photos I have seen on here. I was asked also what time I would like to eat. great crew serving just the three of us in first.

Angus beef with a cheek also. Mustard was added moments after the food was delivered. all consumed apart from the cheek, who eats this? yuk

after dining entertainment

nearly halfway there

fancied a nap after this, the crew offered to make the bed up but said a pillow and duvet would be just fine. while the duvet looked thin I was very cozy

waking up and feeling good after some sleep I thought I missed afternoon tea. popped to the front as not a fan of the call bell and they were just sorting it ^

two pots of tea consumed

felt like we missed the turning. after leaving slight late due to traffic at LHR we made up the time

on approach

a rather funky ATC building

was surprised when landed to be taking steps and a bus?
not sure if I should have been issued a fast track welcome being in first. the queue was massive and took over an hour (ok not as bad as miami) but it was sloooooow my bag was waiting for me patiently on the other side

next stop, the hotels