FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15 year old (minor) cannot take last flight of day? (to merge)
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:05 pm
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Airport Security called to advise my wife and I that my son was safe and with them, but when they go off shift at 10PM, thee are required by law to hand him over to DYFS, and he would have to be put into the system.
Sounds like something that almost happened with out 15 year old step nephew years ago. He had a connection weather bust at DFW trying to catch up to his siblings on fall break in Florida with their bio dad.

He had made the varsity football team as a freshman lineman and was seeing significant game time. He wasn't just large for his age he was huge. He was catching up because it had been a good year and had missed driving with the family group because he had just been in the state 4A playoffs. Somebody from AA demanded his mother promptly produce a local relative. . .or they would do some undefined else with her little boy and got her all freaked out. She demanded her sister in law leave for the airport immediately, even though there was a severe thunderstorm warning and it wasn't really safe to drive.

Last edited by jayer; Jul 28, 2016 at 6:25 pm